WANTED: EVENT MANAGER
CANDICE&ALISON INC. - Toronto, ON
Posted: January 31, 2018
CANDICE&ALISON Events Group is one of the top event production companies in Canada with an impressive portfolio of global and luxury brands. We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Event Manager to join our growing team. Working with the Directors, you will produce exceptional events from conception through to completion. You will provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet CANDICE&ALISON’s unique quality expectations.
- Plan and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to exceed customer satisfaction
- Work with Directors on new event proposals and generate leads
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and timely reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and overall event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as audio visual, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, print & signage, staffing, etc.
- Develop event budgets and track actual versus budgeted expenditures
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify all production and onsite staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize events on social media, etc.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities, generate interest and potential sales
- Maintain and promote the CANDICE&ALISON brand and image
- Proven event management experience of a minimum of 3+ years
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Exceptional organizational skills
- MS Office proficiency should be at minimum intermediate level; this specifically includes Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Advanced level preferred.
- Adobe CS proficiency should be at minimum intermediate level; this specifically includes Illustrator and Photoshop. Advanced level preferred.
- Ability to produce 3D Renderings a bonus
- Willing to submit references from previous employers or clients
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Event Management, Hospitality, Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Design or any other related field
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday during business hours plus evenings and weekends as required
- Must be able to work in Canada
This person should have the following traits:
- So organized in your time management and multi-tasking abilities that the clock rarely ever beats you!
- Exceptional memory with an acute attention to details
- Excellent listener and confident communicator
- People person; you have sales skills and the ability to build productive business relationships
- Trustworthy and reliable, we don’t want to keep tabs on you
- Problem-solver who thinks quickly on their feet
- Humble; there is no job too big or too small
- Gracious and passionate that we get to do what we love every single day!
- Inspired; you’re always looking, absorbing and brainstorming
- Lives by the motto “Work smarter, not harder”
- Self-Motivated; Coordinator now, Manager soon!
- Resourceful and self-sufficient; you do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Effective; we can’t live without you
- Graceful; we never crack under the pressure, and we never show stress
- Double threat; you’re just as good planning from your desk as you are onsite managing a crew
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume in PDF format along with a brief introduction about why you think you’re the best candidate for this position and a good fit at CANDICE&ALISON. Tell us and show us what you can bring to the table. Only successful candidates will be contacted and will be required to complete a short test project post-interview.
Application Deadline: Monday February 19th, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
Start date: ASAP March/April 2018
Submit PDF's only to: firstname.lastname@example.org