CANDICE&ALISON INC. - Toronto, ON
Posted: June 14, 2018
CANDICE&ALISON Events Group is one of Canada's top event production companies with an impressive portfolio of global and luxury brands. We are looking for an effective and enthusiastic Event Coordinator to join our growing team. Working alongside the Event Managers, you will be a crucial part of producing exceptional events from conception through to completion. You will provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet CANDICE&ALISON’s unique quality expectations.
- Assist in planning and producing events from conception through to completion while coordinating all project delivery elements within time limits
- Conduct market research, source, gather information and negotiate supplier contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and timely reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and overall event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as audio visual, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, print & signage, staffing, etc.
- Develop event budgets and track actuals versus budgeted expenditures
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify all production and onsite staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize events on social media, etc.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems leading up to and on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Maintain and promote the CANDICE&ALISON brand, reputation and image
- Proven event planning experience of a minimum of 2 years
- Portfolio of previously managed events
- MS Office proficiency should be at minimum intermediate level; this specifically includes Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Advanced level preferred.
- Adobe CS proficiency should be at minimum intermediate level; this specifically includes Illustrator and Photoshop. Advanced level preferred.
- Willing to submit references from previous employers or clients
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in either Event Management, Hospitality, Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Design or any other related field
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday during business hours plus evenings and weekends as required
- Able to work in Canada
This person should have the following traits:
- So organized in your time management and multi-tasking abilities that the clock never beats you!
- Exceptional memory with an acute attention to details
- Excellent listener and confident communicator
- People person; you have sales skills and the ability to build productive business relationships
- Trustworthy and reliable, we don’t want to keep tabs on you
- Creative with an eye for high design and aesthetics
- Talented; you bring something amazing and unique to the table
- Problem-solver who thinks quickly on their feet
- Humble; there is no job too big or too small
- Gracious and passionate that we get to do what we love every single day!
- Inspired; you’re always looking, absorbing and brainstorming
- Lives by the motto “Work smarter, not harder”
- Motivated; everything is an opportunity
- Resourceful and self-sufficient; you do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Effective; we can’t live without you
- Graceful; we never crack under the pressure, and we never show stress
- Double threat; you’re just as good planning from your desk as you are onsite managing a crew
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume in PDF along with a brief introduction about why you think you’re the best candidate for this position and a good fit at CANDICE&ALISON. Tell us what you can bring to the table. Successful candidates will be required to complete a short test project post interview.
Submit PDF's only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time